Saturday, November 15, 2008
Georgia's Runoff
Saxby Chambliss and Jim Martin have both been trying to get the turnout up here. Chambliss, who got 110,000 more votes than Martin on election day, is easily the clear favorite. He might even win by more in the runoff due to depressed Democratic turnout. Many people who were fired up for Obma probably won't be for Martin. The Republicans however still have something to unite against; the 60th Democratic Senate Seat. Although it is easily possible for Martin to still win, especially if he has Barack Obama campaigning for him, Chambliss is definitely ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey there. I'm an eighteen year old high school grad/political blogger and found your site on the 538.com comments page.
ReplyDeleteI just finished up two years of coverage of the election at my own site--www.politicalcourier.com. By the time everything was finished I had gone from attending campaign events as merely a spectator to being a television commentator, syndicated election blogger, and paid photographer for a number of papers/campaigns.
I'm really interested to see where your blog goes and I'd love to talk to you about how to get more involved. My email address is on the top right part of my blog, so send me a message if you like. I'm also on Facebook as Luke Vargas.
Good luck!