Monday, November 10, 2008

Senate 2010 Hot Races

Based on small amounts of polling data and voting histories this is what I have arrived on for a very preliminary Senate 2010 Map. Some of the races should be very interesting. I'll go over all of the Senate races in the next few weeks but these two are two that stick out and deserve a paragraph or two right now.

Arizona- A familiar face is up for re-election. John McCain should be coasting to re-election in a state such as Arizona, but the only recent poll shows him trailing Governor Janet Napolitano by eight points. It is still very much up in the air with two years to go and with a pollster which was very erratic during the 2008 election cycle.

Of course she has not actually said she would run yet and if she does not then John McCain will almost definitely be re-elected comfortably.

Colorado- Ken Salazar will probably be easily re-elected come election time. His approval ratings are high, and there aren't many serious Republican contenders. The reason that he only leans democratic though is because the most recent poll suggests that he is only leading Bill Owens by three points. It was done by a Democratic pollster at that.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you actually come up with this yourself or copy it from like FiveThirtyEight or something? I'm not criticizing, I'm the same age as you and much in the same position, and if you did it yourself I would be impressed. I'm just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came up with this blog myself, although I do read FiveThirtyEight. I did come up with everything here myself and use my own algorithm for the Senate Races.

    ReplyDelete